I like cabbage in most any form, but cabbage soup is my favorite. I’ve been making it for many years and this is how I have fine tuned it to my liking. It’s also a very healthy meal with very little fat and many vitamins. It’s also an inexpensive meal. Ground beef can also be used as a different meat content.
- 1/2 head cabbage sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 4 medium potatoes bite size pcs.
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lb. smoked polish sausage sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- ground pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in pressure cooker and cook 15 minutes.
- Let cool down for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with buttered rye bread.