(NAPSA) – For your next gathering, here are great tips to save time and money:
Use Electronic Invitations: Online invitations come with stylish designs, easily tracked R.S.V.P.s and no postage expenses.
Have a Potluck: Asking your guests to bring their favorite dishes to the party adds variety and intrigue. If you are planning a sit-down dinner, invite your guests to each contribute a course-such as a salad, appetizer or dessert-and you prepare the main course. You can even request the recipes ahead of time and prepare copies to give out as favors at the end of the night.
Have a 3 ‘D’s Party: Dips, Drinks, Desserts. Many guests would prefer to party over dips, drinks and desserts. Making a few different dips takes less time than preparing other recipes and adds a lot of variety to your party. Have fun taste-testing and comparing different dip accompaniments such as crackers, veggies, breads, fruits and more! Round out your 3 ‘D’s menu with a signature cocktail. Serving one classic drink will save money and time-no need to prepare individual drinks all evening long; just mix up one large batch. End it all with delicious dessert. Keep the dip theme through dessert, like chocolate fondue.
One of the year’s most popular dips is Buffalo Chicken Dip. Save time and effort by making this dip with Swanson(r) Premium Chicken. Don’t waste time cooking and shredding chicken when you can use Swanson(r), which is made with only white chicken breast, precut into chunks. Check out the recipe:
- 1 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese softened
- 2 9.75 oz. cans Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast drained
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers
- Stir cream cheese in 9'-deep pie dish until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with vegetables and crackers.