Fish is a fabulous way to help manage your diet
(NC) – If you’re trying to watch your weight, remember this – fish contain many important nutrients and can be lower in calories than other protein choices. Canada’s Food Guide recommends eating at least two Food Guide servings of fish each week because of the beneficial omega-3 fats that fish contain.
To get the greatest health benefits, prepare fish using lower fat cooking methods. Slim-Fast (www.slimfast.ca) offers dozens of sensible main dish offerings to help you enjoy dinner time just that little bit more.
- 2 1/2 cups red pepper julienned, 625 mL
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic very thinly sliced (2)
- 1/2 cup Knorr Lemon & Black Pepper marinade bottled, 125 mL
- 6 halibut fillets 6 oz (175 g) each (6)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes finely diced, sun-dried, 50 mL
- 2 tbsp dill or parsley, chopped, fresh, 30 mL
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Lay out 6 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place an equal amount of red pepper, zucchini and garlic on each. Drizzle the vegetables with equal amounts of the marinade. Top each with a piece of fish. Sprinkle each with some sun-dried tomatoes and dill. Fold up the foil and fold over twice to seal.
- Place the packets (seam side up) on the grate. Grill, without turning, for 7 minutes. Remove from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes.