With summer vacations ending, it’s easy to get caught up in a whirlwind of responsibilities and let quality time with friends and family slip away.
While scheduling time together may seem counterintuitive, it is important to ensure quality time is made a priority, no matter how busy it gets. Spend a few enjoyable hours together with these activities:
Movie night, done right. Make an effort to plan an activity that everyone can look forward to. Pick a movie, make some popcorn and settle in for a fun, low-key Friday night before weekend activities begin. Try making the night feel special by adding a butter and honey glaze to the popcorn. For something a little more festive, create a snack station with your favourite treats to munch on during the movie.
Cook a special meal. Kitchens are the perfect place for families to come together. Cooking can be fun and easy, just be sure to plan ahead and have the proper equipment on hand. For something delicious, try Chef Chuck Hughes’ hot maple chicken wings recipe, made in LG’s ProBake Convection oven. The oven delivers fast, even cooking so you have more time to enjoy each other’s company.
- 2 tbsp Chuck's Vegetable Farmer's Hot Pepper Spread 30 ml
- 1/2 cup Chuck's Woodsman's Maple Syrup 125 ml
- 12 chicken wings
- Create marinade using hot pepper spread, maple syrup, a pinch of salt and cracked pepper.
- Marinate wings for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Put wings on a wire rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove and serve warm.