Give Meatloaf A Mealtime Makeover
(NC) – With busy schedules and jam-packed social calendars, it’s easy for Canadian families to fall into a repetitive mealtime rut – macaroni on Mondays, tacos on Tuesdays. In fact, a recent Angus Reid poll commissioned by VH sauces, found that 40 per cent of Canadians are bored of serving the same recipes over and over again.
Luckily, finding inspiration to add variety to your mealtime repertoire doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. By adding new ingredients, like Thai-inspired VH Thai Market Sweet Thai chili sauce, to traditional foods, you can spice up your nightly meal and keep dinner fun, flavourful and exciting for the whole family.
For a new take on an old favourite, consider the meatloaf recipe below.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup VH Thai Market Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- Mix all of the ingredients together with 1/2 cup of VH Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, reserving the other half for the glaze.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet, pack mixture into loaf pan. Spread remaining chili sauce over the meatloaf.
- Cook in a 350 F oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 F.