(NC) Morning, noon or night, this chocolate peanut butter cup smoothie does an excellent job of satisfying your sweet tooth. Packed with fibre and protein, your family will drink up the classic flavour combo in this recipe from Ontario Bean Growers.
- 1 cup almond milk sweetened, or 1% milk
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter natural
- 1 tbsp• chia seeds
- 1 banana frozen, ripe, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and whirl until smooth, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with drizzle of peanut butter and cocoa nibs if desired. Serve immediately.