Cool Off With a Trip to the Tropics
Sweaters and blankets packed away? Check. Plenty of sunblock purchased? Barbecue grill cleaned and ready to cook? Check. Baseball season underway? Check. Well, it’s official folks. Summertime is finally here. There’s no reason to sizzle when the temperatures rise. Chill out with refreshing drinks that come straight out of the tropics to enhance any party or event. But be careful, there is such a thing as too much fun in the sun. Avoid drinking alcohol in the sun, and of course, don’t tiki and drive.
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce Myer’s Rum Cream Liqueur
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice or pineapple chunks
- 1 ounce coconut syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 to 3 ounces ice crushed
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, pour into a chilled goblet or hurricane glass, and garnish with a pineapple wedge.