(NC) – The perfect showcase for California peaches, this delicious, rustic dessert is a snap to make. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired to make this sweet treat even sweeter.
- 3 cups California peaches fresh, sliced (approximately 4 peaches)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough prepared, 10 inches by 16 inches and 1/4-inch thick, thawed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and flour and toss to mix. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 15-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place the pastry on an ungreased baking sheet and spoon the peaches into the center, leaving about 2 inches uncovered around the perimeter. The fruit will be stacked high but will reduce in volume as it cooks.
- Fold the uncovered edges of the pastry up to cover as much of the fruit as possible, pinching and tucking the dough as necessary. Dot the top of the fruit with the butter pieces.
- Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Do not undercook. Cut into wedges and serve hot.