(NC) Did you know that a slow cooker uses 65 percent less energy in seven hours than an electric oven uses in just one hour? Try this slow-cooker no-fuss applesauce recipe from Hydro One that the whole family will enjoy.
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce
- 8 medium apples, 8 cups
- 120 mL apple juice, or cider, or water, 1/2 cup
- 15 mL cinnamon, ground 1 tsp
- 60 mL brown sugar, or maple syrup, 1/4 cup, optional
- Peel, core and slice apples. Combine with the other ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir for a chunkier texture or purée for a smooth sauce. Serve warm or cold.