- 4 tsp instant espresso granules 20 mL
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup hot water 175 mL
- 1 bottle Dairyland Toffee Caramel Creama 400 mL
- 3 tbsp cornstarch 45 mL
- 1 tbsp cold butter 15 mL
- lightly sweetened whipped cream optional
- chocolate covered coffee beans optional
- toffee bits optional
- Stir the espresso with the salt in a large heavy saucepan; whisk in water until coffee is dissolved. Whisk Creama with cornstarch until smooth. Add the Creama mixture to the coffee mixture. Set saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and is glossy and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Divide between eight espresso cups or small dessert dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature. Chill for up to 2 days. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream, coffee beans and toffee bits (if using).
More recipes can be found online at http://www.dairyland.ca/Home/Recipes.