Cookie Sundae Adds Fun Twist to Classic
(NewsUSA) – Cake and ice cream and brownie sundaes. The warmth of the freshly baked pastry, slowly working its way through decadent ice cream smothered in chocolate topping is a temptation few people can resist. And while the indulgent dessert remains popular, it takes a little innovation to make the dish unique.
Uno Chicago Grill, famous for their Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, put their spin on the dessert and now serve ‘The Deep Dish Cookie Sundae,’ a cookie baked into a deep-dish shape, then covered with whipped cream and ice cream, and topped with chocolate sauce. Lucky for us, the dessert is easy to make at home:
- 8 ounces chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 ounce chocolate sauce
- 1 7-inch pan deep-dish or cake
- Temperature-resistant plate lined with a moist napkin
- Cooking spray such as Pam
- Spray the pan, bottom and sides, with cooking spray.
- Place your favorite cookie dough into the pan. Press the dough evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the cookie according to dough directions.
- Place hot cookie pizza onto the temperature-resistant plate lined with a moistened napkin.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of the cookie pizza.
- Place whipped cream next to the ice cream in a decorative fashion.
- Stripe chocolate sauce over the entire cookie pizza.
- A peanut butter cookie dough with chocolate and vanilla ice cream
- A chocolate-chip cookie dough with coffee ice cream.
- A sugar cookie dough with strawberry or blackberry ice cream
- A chocolate cookie dough with mint chocolate chip ice cream
- A snickerdoodle cookie dough with vanilla bean ice cream
- A chocolate cookie dough with cookies-and-cream ice cream