NC – This recipe is one of my favourites for birthday parties or potlucks. The cake’s bright colour and watermelon flavour make it a huge crowd pleaser.
- 2 tubs PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream 946mL each
- 2 pkgs PC Eat the Middle First Cookies 350g each
- 1 cup whipping cream 35%, 250 mL
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Sprinkles 15 mL
- Transfer ice cream to bowl; place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until soft enough to handle.
- Place cookies in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs. Press crumbs into bottom and up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) spring form pan; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scrape softened ice cream into cookie crust. Using back of large spoon, push ice cream down to remove any air pockets. Smooth top with knife or offset spatula; place in freezer.
- Pour whipping cream into bowl; whip with electric beaters until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in sugar until combined.
- Remove cake from freezer; top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Return to freezer for 4 to 6 hours or overnight until frozen. Before serving, let sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
More recipe ideas are available online at pc.ca.