(NC) – Kids will love helping out in the kitchen with this fun project – decorate these delicious cupcakes together, and then be sure to try one!
- 2 1/4 cups Robin Hood All Purpose Flour 550 mL
- 1 tbsp baking powder 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground, 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp ginger ground, 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground, 1 mL
- 1/2 cup butter softened (125 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar 325 mL
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree 250 mL
- 3/4 cup milk 175 mL
- 1 container ready-to-spread vanilla frosting 450g
- Orange food colouring optional
- Candies to decorate
- PREHEAT oven to 375 F (190 C). Line muffin cups with muffin papers.
- COMBINE first 7 ingredients.
- CREAM butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs and pumpkin; mix well. Add dry ingredients alternating with milk, mixing lightly after each addition. Spoon into muffin cups.
- BAKE in centre of preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Colour the vanilla frosting orange if desired. Spread on top of cupcakes. Decorate attractively with your favourite candies.
Tip: If orange food colouring isn't available use a combination of red and yellow.