California Raisin and Brie Dessert Quesadillas
(NC) - Quesadillas as a dessert? This unique treat is a sweet and savory variation on the traditional lunch or dinner quesadilla. Made with delicious California raisins and Brie cheese, this dessert is a tasty twist to cap off a meal.
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter softened 40 mL
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey 22 mL
- 8 inch whole grain flour tortillas ) 8 6 to 8(15-20 cm
- 1 pieces round baby Brie cut into small200 grams, 7 ounces
- 1 cup California raisins 250 mL
- 1 cup toasted walnuts 250 mL
- icing sugar for garnish
- leaves mint for garnish
- Combine butter and honey in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 12-inch (30 cm) skillet over medium heat. Spread one side of each tortilla with honey butter and place 1 tortilla, buttered side down, in skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/8 of Brie, 2 tablespoons (30 mL) raisins and 2 tablespoons (30 mL) walnuts, in that order, over half of the tortilla. Fold remaining half over and cook until bottom is light browned and crisp.
- Turn and brown remaining side, cooking 3 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove to individual serving plate and repeat for remaining tortillas. To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges, dust with icing sugar and garnish with mint.
Source: Recipe and image provided by the California Raisin Marketing Board.