(NAPSA) – For a hearty dish with a flavor of harvest festivals, try this winning recipe:
- 2 packages Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 32-oz. glass jar Silver Floss sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup beer optional
- 1 medium yellow or white onion sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the Silver Floss sauerkraut, brown sugar, caraway seeds, potatoes and beer (if using). Place in slow cooker.
- Arrange the Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa over the sauerkraut and sprinkle with onion.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Lift the lid and check to see whether the mixture is drying out, adding some water (or beer) if necessary. Reduce heat to low setting and cook on low for 2 more hours.
For more recipes, visit www.go meat.com or call (800) 925-3326.