Homemade Gifts In A Jar
(NC) – With easy to whip up recipes from Homebasics.ca, you’ll never be stuck for a thoughtful and delicious gift for the hostess, teacher, babysitter or friend. Visit homebasics.ca and click to download Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies, Black Bean Soup, Chocolate Orange Shortbread and these brunch favourite pancake recipes for your next gift in a jar.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 mL
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 125 mL
- 1/4 cup sugar 50 mL
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour into a 500 mL canning jar. Layer in chocolate chips. Place vanilla bean on top. Place lid on jar and attach a gift card with the following recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups milk (300 mL)
- 3 tbsp Imperial margarine, melted (45 mL)
- 2 eggs