Blueberry French Toast For Cozy Mornings
(NAPSA) – On days when the sky is gray and cold winds blow, brighten the morning with the comforting flavors of ‘Blueberry French Toast Sandwich.’ The recipe is super fast and easy to make with a few convenient ingredients that go together to create a warm breakfast or brunch entree.
You’ll find fresh blueberries in the produce aisle of your supermarket right now. They come to us directly from South America, where the climate is perfect for growing blueberries while it’s winter here in the northern hemisphere. This year, expect to see more fresh winter blueberries than ever-and excellent quality-thanks to ideal weather conditions in Chile.
Fresh blueberries add much more to winter breakfasts than a cheerful reminder of blue summer skies. A whole cup of blueberries has just 80 calories and provides the fiber, vitamin C and manganese our bodies need.
- 1 package cream cheese softened, 3 ounces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 package French toast frozen, about 12 ounces, 6 slices
- 3/4 cup blueberries fresh
- In bowl, stir together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Heat French toast as package directs. Spread cream cheese mixture on French toast slices. Spoon blueberries over cream cheese on 3 slices; cover with remaining slices.
- Place sandwiches on plates; cut diagonally. Garnish with additional blueberries and confectioners' sugar. This recipe may be doubled.