Slow Cooker Tips:
Start with a slow cooker seasoning mix that includes the list of ingredients and instructions on the pouch to make shopping and preparation as easy as possible.
Prepare the ingredients the night before, after dinner clean-up and during lunch bag preparation, so the meal components can be taken from the refrigerator, added to the seasoning mix and put into the slow cooker quickly in the morning before the family rushes off to work and school.
Experiment with other ingredients once comfortable with a recipe to add variety to slow cooked meals. More information is available online at www.clubhouse.ca or toll-free at 1-800-265-2600.
- 1 lb stewing beef boneless, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes, 500 g
- 1 can tomatoes with juice, diced, 14 fl oz/398 mL
- 1 cup potatoes 1/2 inch cubed, 250 mL, 1 cm
- 1 cup carrots 1/2 inch cubed, 250 mL, 1 cm
- 1 cup cut green beans frozen, 250 mL
- 1/2 cup onion chopped, 125 mL
- 3 cups Water 750 mL
- 1 packet Club House Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup Seasoning
- Place beef, tomatoes and vegetables into slow cooker.
- Combine Club House Slow Cooker Soup seasoning mix and water. Pour over meat and vegetables. Stir together.
- Cover. Cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
- Stir before serving.
- Replace potatoes and carrots with 2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed vegetables.
- Replace stewing beef with 1 lb (500 g) ground beef, browned. Stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce (optional).
- For a Mexican flair, replace green beans with frozen corn. Stir in 1 - 2 tbsp (15 - 30 mL) Club House One Step Tex Mex Seasoning.