A Winning Recipe Idea For The Big Race Day
(NAPSA) – It’s the fastest growing spectator sport in the United States and second only to the NFL in television viewership. Nearly one-third of the U.S. adult population rates themselves as fans and 17 of the 20 highest-attended sporting events in America revolve around this sport. What is this national phenomenon? NASCAR…and fans nationwide are gear up every February for the kick-off of the season.
In millions of households, watching the race and celebrating the sport is a family affair. Kids hang posters of their favorite driver next to posters of their favorite rock star. Dad can often be seen sporting a racing-related T-shirt or hat and mom is busy on the Internet chatting about her favorite race team.
Here’s a race day recipe that always gets the green flag:
Fast Lane Chicken and Potato Chowder
- 1 package Chicken Helper Oven Favorites Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1 can Green Giant Mexicorn whole kernel corn, with red and green peppers, undrained, 11 ounces
- 2 cups Water
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups Chicken:, or turkey, cut-up cooked, about 10 ounces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, 4 ounces
- 6 large dinner rolls, round crusty
- Heat uncooked Potatoes, Sauce Mix, Au Gratin Cheese Sauce Topping, corn, water, milk and chicken to boiling in Dutch oven, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese; sprinkle with bread crumb topping. Scoop out inside of each dinner roll to make bread bowl. Serve chowder in bread bowls.