(NC) Want to host a fuss-free but delicious barbecue get-together without the stress or expense of a caterer? Simplify al fresco entertaining by preparing dishes in advance.
With a mouth-watering, high-quality pasta sauce like Bertolli in your pantry, you can easily create decadent, Italian-inspired meals for your next outdoor bash. That’s because the sauces are prepared in the Tuscan tradition established over 150 years ago by the founder and involve a few quality ingredients cooked lightly to lock in layers of flavour.
This recipe can be made up to a day in advance and is sure to impress guests. Made with fresh basil, toasted pine nuts and creamy Alfredo sauce, this potato salad is the perfect, crowd-pleasing side dish for any meal.
Creamy Basil New Potatoes Salad
- 900 g Yukon gold new potatoes, scrubbed, quartered, 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 225 g green beans, thin, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces, 1/2 pound
- 1 jar Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 415 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 225 g grape tomatoes, halved, 1/2 pound
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded, 30 g
- 1 small lemon, finely zested
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped, fresh, 30 g
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, 30 g, optional
- Place potatoes in a 6-quart (6 L) pot; add salt and enough water to cover. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Simmer on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender, adding green beans during last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain; return to same pot.
- Meanwhile, combine Alfredo sauce, garlic and pepper. Pour over hot potatoes and beans; toss to coat. Spread mixture in an even layer onto a rimmed baking sheet; cool 20 minutes or until room temperature.
- Transfer potato mixture to large container. Add tomatoes, cheese and lemon zest; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until chilled. Add basil and pine nuts as garnish just before serving.