(NC) – The rich, nutty flavour of California Walnuts complements the velvety texture of the Brie. Serve with crackers, crisp apples wedges and grapes.
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 tbsp butter 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp curry powder 2 mL
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper 75 mL
- 2 tbsp green onion finely chopped, 30 mL
- 1 1/2 cups California walnuts coarsely chopped, 375 mL
- 2 round Brie cheese 125g each
- In large saucepan, heat oil, butter and curry powder over medium heat. Add red pepper and green onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes; stir in walnuts, cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Place Brie in ovenproof serving dish. Divide walnut mixture evenly and place on top of rounds. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese just starts to melt.