EARLY IN DAY:
- In a bowl, with wire whisk, beat 2 tablespoons melted butter with milk, flour, salt and 3 eggs.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to allow flour to absorb liquid for a tender crepe.
- With mixer at medium speed, beat cheeses, icing sugar, vanilla and 1 egg until smooth.
- Brush 7-inch crepe pan with melted margarine or butter; heat over medium heat.
- Pour in scant 1/4 cup batter
- Cook 1 minute until top is set.
- Invert onto waxed paper; repeat.
ABOUT 30 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING:
- Heat pie filling with lemon peel; keep sauce warm.
- Place 1/4 cup cheese mixture in centre on browned side of each crepe; fold to make a package.
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon hot margarine, cook half of blintzes at a time until golden.
- Serve hot with blueberry sauce and, if you like, sour cream.
Each blintz without sour cream: 275 calories, 19 g. fat, 118 mg. cholesterol, 285 mg. sodium.