- In a large heavy pot mix the apricots, raisins, and water. Let soak for 1 hour.
- Bring to the boil. Let the fruit boil for 5 min. uncovered.
- Add the apricot nectar, orange juice, and the sugar. Stir well. Bring back to a boil and continue boiling for 25 - 30 min. or until thick. Stir constantly to prevent sticking.
- Remove from the heat.
- Have 3 - 250 ml. clean jars with clean lids ready.
- Pour the Amaretto into the apricot mixture. Stir. Pour the conserve into the jars. Wipe the top of the jars with a clean cloth. Put on the lids.
- Cool and store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Serve warmed up over French Toast, ice cream, or scones.