Designed for the Vitamix, Blendtec, Ninja, and other high-speed, high-power blenders, the Power Blender Revolution was created to help you unlock their potential. Including recipes for everything from grains to skincare, this helps you do more than just juicing with your blender.
In the introduction, the author describes how in minutes you can make a healthy meal, It then goes on to promise much more. The Benefits Of Using A Power Blender follow with information on How To Use The Book, Tools And Accessories, Essential Advice, and Special Techniques.
Next comes the Power Blender 7-Day Clean Eating Plan, providing a seven-day meal plan with recipe names and page numbers. Next is a 3-Day Juice And Smoothie Cleanse if you want a quick detox.
The recipes categories are separated into two sections, Things To Drink, and Things To Eat. The recipes categories include:
Things To Drink
- Whole Food Juices
- Smoothies, Shakes, And Slushies
- Coffee Drinks, Matcha Drinks, And Creamers
- Nut Milks And Other Nondairy Milks
Things To Eat
- Jams, Butters, And Syrups
- Guacamoles, Hummuses, And Other Dips And Spreads
- All-Purpose Sauces, Pestos, And Condiments
- Dressings, Vinaigrettes, Marinades, And Spice Blends
- Smoothie Bowls
- Entrées From The Blender
- Vegetable Sides
- Muffins, Pancakes, And Other Quick Breads
- Desserts From The Blender
- Sorbets, Ice Creams, And Popsicles
- Baby Food Purées
- 10 Masks, Washes, And More For Your Skin
Each of the recipes includes a brief introduction, serving sizes, and various labels to identify them as Vegan, Gluten-Free etc. Several also include tips for modifying the recipe, serving or making the best use of your blender.
Helpful And Surprising
Disappointingly only a few of the recipes included a picture although each of those is beautifully staged. I found that throughout the book the blending tips were very helpful in providing information that you wouldn’t necessarily find in an instruction manual but which could make the difference in a recipe.
Finding the Masks, Washes, And More For Your Skin recipes included in the Things You Can Eat section was very strange. Otherwise, I found the selection to be excellent.
The sheer variety of recipes which can be created with a blender was surprising. The fact that you can make so many different things with that one piece of equipment is convenient and helps keep down with the number of dishes you have to clean.
For the included recipe I have chosen the Skin-Brightening Kiwi And Lemon Facial Mask because it is quick, easy and different. Enjoy!
Skin-Brightening Kiwi And Lemon Facial Mask
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped in half
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 15 mL
- 1 tablespoon almond oil, 15 mL
- Add the kiwis, yogurt, lemon juice, and almond oil to your blender container.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- With your hands, apply the mask to your face, avoiding the eye area. Leave on until dry and then rinse well with water.