With over 150 healthy 5-ingredient recipes, The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy Cookbook is a no-brainer for anyone who needs to spend less time in the kitchen and still wants to stay healthy. Only recipes which have easy to find ingredients, taste good and are nutritious and are one pot or pan, 30 minutes or less, slow cooker, or freezer friendly are included.
Section 1 of the book is Healthy Cooking Made Simple. This section covers the Clean Eating Guidelines to help you create a more wholesome diet. It then moves on to Making Healthy Cooking Easy which covers the basics of simplifying recipes.
Healthy Cooking Techniques then advises how various cooking methods can create more healthy meals. Next is a section on Meal Planning Basics which runs you through the steps needed to create a good meal plan.
In order to make sure you can create all these wonderful recipes, you’ll want to make sure you have all of the Pantry Essentials. The Seasonal Produce Guide will help you find the fruits and vegetables available in season. The About The Recipes section explains the various labels for each recipe.
The recipe chapters include:
- Smoothies And Breakfasts
- Hearty Soups And Salads
- Easy Appetizers And Salads
- Simple Snacks And Mini-Meals
- Vegan And Vegetarian Mains
- Fish And Seafood Mains
- Chicken And Turkey Mains
- Beef And Pork Mains
- Desserts And Sweet Treats
- Sauces, Desserts, And Staples
Each of the recipes includes labels like gluten-free, vegetarian, 30 minutes or less etc. They all begin with a brief description of how the author came to create this recipe or how it works. They also include serving size, time and many include tips as well. The tips sometimes include ideas for substituting ingredients or how to save money with that recipe etc.
All of the recipes also include the calorie count, total fat, saturated fat, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and sodium. If you’re looking for a nutritional recipe is it is important that these details be included.
You Get Exactly What Is Offered
The recipes in this book are exactly as described in the title. They’re all very easy recipes, healthy, with very few ingredients. All of the ingredients are also easily sourced which is very helpful.
I liked how the beginning of each recipe section included a list of each of the recipes with their page number. This would make it very easy to find one that you’ve already tried before and you want to try again.
There are only a few photographs of the recipes throughout the book. Those that are included are only those which are shown at the beginning of each recipe chapter. I was disappointed to find that recipes at the beginning of the chapters are not labeled but was happier when I discovered that the list of recipes at the beginning of the chapter does indicate which recipe is pictured.
After all of the recipes, you’ll find a Measurements And Conversions Chart, References, and two indexes by Type and Title.
For the included recipe I have chosen the Grilled Steak With Herb Sauce. Normally steak can be tricky to cook well but this recipe is pretty fool-proof. Enjoy!
Grilled Steak With Herb Sauce
Gluten Free – Dairy-Free – Paleo Friendly
- Cooking spray
- 1 1 1/4 pound sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped, fresh
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Coat an ovenproof grill pan or skillet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat the prepared grilled pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the steak and cook on each side for two minutes. Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 12 minutes, until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 145 F.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the steak to the cutting board to rest for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, add the cilantro, capers, scallions, olive oil, water, lemon juice, and garlic, and blend until almost smooth but still a little chunky.
- Thinly slice the steak, and serve with herb sauce.
RecipesNow! The Reviews And Recipes Magazine
Get the newsletter: http://www.RecipesNow.com/newsletter
Download FREE eBooks at: http://www.RecipesNow.com/Free