From the good people who created the online Tasty videos, Tasty Latest And Greatest is a collection of over 80 fan favorite recipes. As they point out in their introduction the recipes are designed for taste and fun. After all, what’s the point of being in the kitchen if it’s not fun?
Most of the recipes included are quick and easy to make using easy to access ingredients. There are however one or two recipes which they call “Special Projects”. These are somewhat more challenging, but worth the effort.
After a brief introduction the recipes are divided into several categories:
- Country Fair
- Best Ever
- Around The World
- On Trend
- Bombs And Rings
As with the Tasty brand itself, there’s nothing typical about this recipe book. For instance the Classics category includes puffed pastry followed by gnocchi, chicken cordon bleu, and there is even as pepper steak and a beef stew recipe included in the chapter. This may seem a little eclectic together but they certainly are classic recipes.
All the recipes include a brief introduction, and the serving size. For the most part the directions are simple and easy to follow, but in some cases somewhat imprecise. For instance, the Pizza Bombs directions indicate that you should cut the mozzarella into cubes, but unfortunately doesn’t say what size of cube. Given that too much mozzarella could actually overwhelm the other ingredients, this is a bit of an issue.
Easy Recipes With Good Variety
I did like that several of the recipes are extremely easy. For instance there is the “Easiest Three Ingredient Desserts Ever Four Ways” page. This was four different dessert recipes all with only three ingredients. Couldn’t get much easier than that.
Some of the recipes have a full-color photo, some even have photos of the step-by-step process. For the most part the ingredients used are, as promised, easily sourced. With only 80 recipes, I was surprised at the variety. There really is something here for everyone and every occassion.
For the included recipe I have chosen the very unique “Chocolate Galaxy Bark”. It’s very attractive and, if you wanted to, you could make it with different colors for use in different occassions. Enjoy!
Chocolate Galaxy Bark
- 24 in dark chocolate, chopped or in chips
- 24 in white chocolate, chopped or in chips
- Food gel, blue and purple
- Star Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each until smooth. Keep warm and set aside.
- Divide the white chocolate into two separate bowls and melt in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each until smooth. Add blue to gel to one and purple food gel to the other until you get the desired color.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the dark chocolate on top, using a spatula to spread out to desired thickness.
- Pour the blue chocolate over the dark chocolate, then add the purple chocolate. Use a knife or skewer to swirl the chocolate around until you get the desired look. Sprinkle with star sprinkles. Refrigerate the chocolate for at least two hours before breaking into pieces.