It begins with a very comprehensive explanation of the ketogenic diet and how it can help you. Ketogenic Diet For Beginners spells out the ingredients you should keep an eye on. You will learn what to go for, what not to go for, even a seven-day plan. The plan spells out what protein carbs fat and calories you should choose for your daily intake.
Each of the recipes gives you the servings Prep time, Cook time, and even the nutritional information for calories, fat, carbohydrates, and protein which is something I particularly like about a good cookbook.
You Won’t Have To Feel Deprived
All of the recipes fall well within the target guidelines for the ketogenic diet, but most of the recipes look like they could be in almost any cookbook. The glamorous apple flatbread, for instance, looks particularly decadent. I don’t believe anybody following this diet, will feel deprived. There’s even a recipe for Popsicles that looks very luscious.
All in all, I think that anybody will enjoy this book not just people on a diet.
The recipe for Glamorous Apple Flatbread is included below. Enjoy!
Glamorous Apple Flatbread
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated, partially skimmed
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 cup Mexican cheese, grated
- 1/2 small onion, sliced into thin portions
- 1/4 medium apple, seeded and cored with the skin intact
- 4 ounce ham, low carb, sliced into chunks
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, dried
- salt, as required
- pepper, as required
- The first step is to preheat your oven to a temperature of 425 degree Fahrenheit
- Next, two about two pieces of parchment paper which should be about 2 inches large than a 12 inch pan pizza
- Prepare a nice double boiler.
- Take a sauce pot and fill it up with just enough water and bring the water to simmer. Once brought to simmer, low down the heat.
- Take the mixing bowl prepared for the double boiler and toss in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, almond flour, salt and thyme.
- Gently place the bowl over the simmer pot and keep stirring it continuously while being careful of the steam.
- Once the cheese have melted down and ingredients are combined, pour down the mixture to one of the previously prepared parchment paper and knead it for a few minutes.
- Roll up the whole dough into a ball and place it on the center of the paper.
- Gently keep patting it until a nice circular shape has appeared.
- Cover it with the other parchment paper.
- Take a rolling pin and keep rolling the dough until it has a nice 12-inch radius
- Place the prepared dough on a pizza pan and take a fork to drill holes all over
- Bake it for about 8 minutes
- Once a golden texture has appeared, lower down the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sprinkle about ¼ cup of the cheese
- Finely place the sliced onion, apple and ham
- Bake it again for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and browned
- Place it on a cooling rack and let it cool for about 3 minutes before cutting into 8 individual slices
RecipesNow! The Reviews And Recipes Magazine
Get the newsletter: http://www.RecipesNow.com/newsletter
Download FREE eBooks at: http://www.RecipesNow.com/Free