Taking Pride In What You Serve Your Family
(NAPSA) - It's easy to take pride in what you serve your family if you start with quality products.
Everyone wants to feel good about the food they serve their guests and families, secure in the knowledge that it was grown and prepared without chemicals and that it delivers optimal nutrition.
Often, that translates into choosing a brand that has a reputation they can trust. Here are a few tips to help you select the healthiest, safest foods:
- Read labels. Find out what's in each product and what's not.
- Learn more about the different food companies you support so you know who you can trust. For example, RiceSelect oversees every part of the process from the seed to the plate, including seed processing, farming, milling, packaging and distribution, all within U.S. borders. These measures result in the highest quality rice products.
- Buy local in-season fruits and vegetables for the freshest and most nutritious produce. Farmer's markets and farm stands are great places to find farm-fresh food.
- The FDA says diets rich in whole grain foods that are low fat, low in saturated fat and cholesterol, such as brown rice, can be a delicious way to help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers. For example, Texmati Brown Rice, with its nutty flavor and delightful popcorn aroma, can provide a delicious serving of the whole grains your family needs.
- Make sure any products that say they are organic are certified by USDA accredited agencies and that the process starts with the seeds. RiceSelect products are identity-preserved from seed to packaged product to ensure a truly superior non-GMO grain.
These products are recognized worldwide for their outstanding taste, texture and cooking qualities and include Texmati, Jasmati, Kasmati, Arborio, Sushi and Royal Blend rices.
That's an important consideration for cooks, since rice is a mainstay in any healthy diet. Economical and easy to prepare, rice can be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert.
Try this delicious, easy-to-make rice salad you'll feel confident serving to friends and family:
A great main dish salad for lunch or a light supper.