Eating Together Is Cool For Your Kids
(NAPSA) – Getting your family to the dinner table to eat a nutritious meal together is possibly easier and more important than you may realize.
Studies show that America’s hectic lifestyles have resulted in families spending less time together at mealtime. Many nutritional experts agree that children’s eating habits are suffering as a result, and this is adding to the growing childhood obesity crisis.
Fortunately, if you haven’t checked out the frozen-food aisles in the grocery store lately, you may be surprised to find many new, great-tasting, fresh ideas for bringing your family together at mealtime and for creating healthier lifestyles overall. There are many convenient, nutritious, delicious selections that can help you get dinner on the table quickly-whether it’s a complementing side dish or a complete ready-to-heat- and-eat meal. You can bring your family to the table in less time and for a good value.
The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) celebrates the idea of Cool Food for Kids every October, when you will find special deals on frozen foods in the cool aisles of the stores. NFRA offers these Cool Tips to help develop healthy family lifestyles:
- Check serving sizes on the nutrition labels to keep your food portions at just the right amount.
- Get your day started off right-breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a good time to share a meal together.
- Frozen foods can make it easy to put a cool dinner together -try frozen vegetables, potatoes, chicken or fish.
- Get your family up and moving by planning fun activities after dinner.
- If you are really strapped for time on a busy school night, here is an easy dinner you can prepare in minutes, combining a frozen pizza from the freezer and any variety of vegetables you have on hand. It’s also an excellent way to encourage kids to eat more vegetables.