- Remove a couple of layers of outer skin from lemongrass and cut into 1' pieces.
- Remove center stem from lime leaves. Peel garlic. Combine in food processor and process until finely minced.
- Combine broth, red curry paste, lemongrass, lime leaves and garlic in soup pot. Whisk together and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes until very fragrant.
- Add red pepper, shitake mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and baby bok choi. Continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add vegetarian fish sauce, cubed tofu, sugar and coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Thai basil.
- Add rice and some lightly steamed vegetables to a large soup bowl and top with hot soup.