- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- If wings are whole, cut in half at joint, then cut off wing tips and discard. Place wings in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk peanut butter with lime juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and hot pepper sauce until combined. Toss with wings, stirring occasionally, while oven preheats.
- Set 1 or 2 well-greased racks over 1 or 2 foil-lined baking sheets. Place wings skin-side up on racks, making sure to not crowd the wings. Spread any peanut butter mixture left in the bowl all over wings. Discard any sauce still remaining in the bowl after this step. Bake wings, turning halfway through cooking, 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Tip: If you like your wings extra spicy, you can add more chili garlic sauce and hot pepper sauce, to taste.