Blueberry Bliss: A Shortcut
(NAPSA) - If you're one of those people with big cooking ambitions but little time, here's a quick recipe that gets right to the point.
When you've got a bag of blueberries in the freezer, go ahead and make a batch of 'Saucy Blueberries' then use it warm or put it in the fridge. It has only three ingredients, uses one pan, and stirs up fast on the stove. Besides, 1/2-cup has less than 100 calories and you get vitamins, fiber and other good things.
Once you've made Saucy Blueberries, there are so many blissful ways to use it:
- Spoon it warm over pancakes or waffles.
- Layer some cold sauce with yogurt and granola in a glass for a breakfast or snack parfait.
- Make a quick smoothie with milk or yogurt, cold Saucy Blueberries and banana.
- Create an instant blueberry crisp: warm Saucy Blueberries sprinkled with crushed oatmeal cookies.
- Keep a bag of blueberries in your freezer, so you can whip up smoothies, sprinkle over cereal, and add them to your favorite muffin recipe. Some people like to pop them into their mouths like candy! A whole cup of frozen blueberries has just 80 calories and provides fiber, vitamin C and manganese our bodies need.
For more recipes go to www.blueberrycouncil.org.