Ice Cream with Raspberry SauceYour Ice Cream Dreams Fulfilled
(NAPSA) - Here's the scoop-Amercians really love ice cream and novelties. People living in the United States indulge more than those in any other nation in the world, averaging a whopping 48 pints of ice cream per person, per year.
Some additional 'cool' facts:
- The first ice cream parlor in America opened in New York City in 1776.
- It takes 12 gallons of milk to make one gallon of ice cream.
- The most popular flavors are vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan, strawberry and Neapolitan, followed closely by chocolate chip and French vanilla.
- Cherry is the No. 1 popsicle flavor. Twin popsicles were invented during the Depression so two children could share one treat.
- Remember to make the ice cream aisle your last stop, keep your frozen purchases in a separate section of the cart and pack your ice cream in an additional brown paper bag for the ride home.
To make an easy, elegant dessert for family and friends, try a simple sauce over ice cream.