Grilled Onion Cheeseburgers
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, thyme and minced garlic. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Slice onions into 1/2-inch thick slices; brush both sides with oil.
- Place patties and onion slices on grate over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill patties, uncovered, 11-13 minutes turning occasionally to medium (160 F) doneness until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color. Grill onions 15-20 minutes or until tender; turn occasionally and brush with oil. Season patties with salt and pepper, to taste.
- About 1 minute before removing burgers from grill, put crumbled or shredded cheese (blue cheese, smoked mozzarella, goat cheese, feta, etc.) on 4 patties to melt.
- Place cheese-topped burgers on bottom of hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls and top with 1/2 of grilled onions. Close sandwiches and serve.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining 4 burgers and onions to use in 'Meatballs' & Pasta with Grilled Onions & Fresh Tomato Sauce.
'Meatballs' & Pasta With Grilled Onions & Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Cut each burger into 6 equal pieces. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add burger pieces, onions and tomatoes. Cook 8-10 minutes or until burgers are heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Add beef mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with cheese, as desired.