Ginger Porterhouse SteaksFun factoids from the 21st annual Weber Canadian GrillWatch Survey
- According to (48%) of survey respondents, steak ranks #1 in terms of all-time favourite barbecue food item for all Canadians. The second and third choices are chicken and hamburgers, respectively.
- Canadians chose dessert and shellfish as the two most challenging items to barbecue.
- Canadians love to entertain: 90% say they entertain family and friends at home; 60% host family and friends ten times a year, on average.
- Essentials for a successful barbecue party include: a) good food (87%), b) appropriate weather (84%), c) a convivial crowd (59%), and d) cocktails (40%).
- Grilling recipes are most likely to come from: the Internet (44%), friends and family (41%), cookbooks (38%); 3% admit they simply experiment or try out their own ideas.
- The majority of respondents (56%) prefer grilling in the summer; 43% report they grill year-round (an increase of 33% since 2005).
- Birthdays and Canada Day are the top two favourite days for outdoor cooking (65% and 64%, respectively).
- Of the features available on full-size models, grill owners of both sexes use the side burner most often (39%), followed by the rotisserie (32%).
- When it comes to accessories, Canadians are using their grilling gear more these days than in the past (30%).
- One in seven Canadians (15%) enjoy cooking pizza on the grill, and mozzarella cheese and mushrooms rate as the most popular toppings.