Artichoke & Sausage Stuffed MushroomsEasy, Inexpensive Outdoor Entertaining
(NAPSA) - Turning your next BBQ or tailgate party into a sizzling success while also watching your pocketbook can be simpler if you follow five tips:
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- Buy produce in bulk and prep it yourself. It lasts longer and stays fresher if it's washed and cut close to the party date.
- Go for the grains. Salads, side dishes and casseroles made with pasta, rice and potatoes can feed a crowd while taking it easy on your wallet. Pick up premade salads from the deli case and personalize by adding herbs and vegetables.
- Just say yes. Take your guests up on any offers to bring a dish or beverage. You may even care to consider a potluck theme from the get-go.
- Include plenty of grilled veggies for nonmeat-eating guests. Try tossing green and red peppers, eggplant and zucchini with Stonemill Kitchens Artichoke & Parmesan dip, wrapping them in heavy-duty foil and tossing on the grill. Save time, too, with this great 'make-ahead' recipe. Do the prep work the night before, then grill the assembled mushrooms on party day.