(NC) – It’s fast approaching that time of year when friends and family get together for the holidays and inevitably everyone always ends up in the kitchen. You don’t need to renovate to impress. Here are five simple suggestions to make your kitchen look new again.
- Change your window treatment – If you have blinds why not hang curtains over them or replace them with fabric roman blinds. Fabric is great way to bring new colour and texture into the kitchen.
- Paint – a new paint colour can make all the difference either on the walls or the cabinets. Take your inspiration for colour from the fabric or tiles in the kitchen.
- New hardware – this is the easiest way to update kitchen cabinets. There are so many choices from sleek brushed nickel to whimsical coloured knobs and pulls.
- Let there be light – two or three well placed pot lights can provide task lighting as well as lovely ambiance for guests.
- Coordinating countertop appliances – choose all of your countertop appliances in the same colour – a burst of vibrant red, cool creamy pineapple or sophisticated greystone. High quality, die-cast, all-metal appliances like the eclectrics collection from Hamilton Beach® in decorator colours will keep you toasting, mixing, blending and brewing in style.